Category Archives: Accessories
Next up on our Welcome Back to Blogging Canadian Tour, is the cutest shop ever, run by the most fabulous proprietor. Let me introduce Weezi! First, she’s a joy to follow on FaceBook, engaging fans and friends alike…Likewise on Twitter. Coolest of all, Lisa (Weezi) has her own little shop in London Ontario…(204 Albert St. @ Richmond Unit #3 Upper, London, ON), if you’re lucky enough to live or visit London from time to time. For the rest of us, we’ll have to make do with Weezi’s Online, or her Etsy store, for all your Retro Inspired needs!
I am just loving all the beautiful pieces over at BuenoStyle! Especially the Patina Bees and Flower Earrings! Such fresh colours for Spring!
- Patina Bees and Flower Earrings: These lovely vintage bee charms have been hand painted with a green patina faux finish, making them look like they’ve been left out in the secret garden for years. Or something. I’ve paired them with vintage round “ivory” beads which have a floral decal on them. Bees & flowers. Get it? Fantastic, fancy and fun, these earrings are sure to be eye catching, maybe even a conversation starter. Hung on new, high quality gold filled ear wires. Perfect for those with with sensitive ears. Just under 2.5″ long.
- Vintage Canadian Penny Necklace: As featured in the Vancouver Sun newspaper recently during the Olympics! An authentic vintage Canadian penny coin! I found a selection of these in an antique coin dealership. I’ve scrubbed them clean, then hand drilled them to create each unique pendant necklace. Canadian penny coins used to be much larger – about the size of a “loonie” coin nowadays (exactly 25.4 mm). These specific coins were minted from 1911 – 1920 and feature a wreath and date design on one side, and a bust of King George V on the reverse. This coin is from 1917. If you have a specific year you prefer, let me know and I can see if I have it. But I only have these large coins in years from 1898 to about 1920. I’ve added a fancy brass bail and a vintage, hand aged maple leaf charm. The chain is new, nickel free and hand aged to match the lovely patina of the vintage coin. It’s a very long, pendant style necklace… aprox 34″ long. Let me know if you prefer a shorter length.
- Mixed Metal Filigree Earrings: These lovely statement earrings feature both vintage gold-plated and vintage silver-plated filigrees mixed together. I’ve nicknamed them “fanfare” Mixed metal is a really hot look – you don’t have to choose between “gold” tones or “silver” tones anymore – mix it up! These earrings feature an abundance of vintage “turned paddle” filigrees. The paddles are curved, giving these earrings depth and distinction. The vintage filigrees come from a third generation owned vintage bead warehouse that ordered these findings from American factories. These factories are no longer in business and the filigrees could be as old as the 1920′s, but I don’t know for sure. They come on high quality gold-filled ear wires, perfect for those ladies with sensitive ears. Total length is about 2.25″ long and width at the bottom is about 1.25″ wide. You will get a brand new pair – not the ones I am wearing in the photo (those babies are MINE!) You will receive a new, never been worn pair, so don’t be icked out by the photo of me wearing my pair.
It time to break out the spring outfits, which means only one thing…time to find some new spring accessories!
I love these awesome bags from Liz over at Firiona! So many gorgeous colours to choose from! Handbags are her passion, and all her pieces are one of a kind, so you’ll always be unique! She loves custom orders too, so if you have an idea in mind, make sure you drop her a line!
- Spring Butterfly: This adorable handbag exterior is 100% quilter’s cotton in grass green with cherry colored butterflies and tiny gold flowers. The cotton is fully interfaced for structure, and the lining of the bag is a smooth gold satin. The upper band of the Spring Butterfly is made of distressed cranberry crackle-glazed leather. Zoom in on the pictures to see the incredible texture!
- Morning Glory: This big tough tote is made from Amy Butler’s 100% cotton “Morning Glory in Linen”, with heavy interfacing for structure and durability. The interior of the bag as well as the tops and handles are a soft and strong olive denim, with adorable sky blue buttons.
- Spicy Cherry: This is a gorgeous splash of summer sunshine! The fabric is Amy Butler’s Star Paisley cotton, and I’m in love with the tiny cherries and the warm summery colors. The cotton body of the bag is fully interfaced for structure, and the lining is a smooth gold satin. My favorite part is the soft buttery caramel-colored leather top – zoom in!
Okay how many pairs of shoes do you own that can be described like this?:
“This pair of flats is versatile in matching, they’re great for matching up wedding gowns, evening dress or a pair of jeans.”
From gowns to jeans? TheGeneration shoe collection is pure genius!
“These flats are handmade from hemp and cotton, followed traditional shoe making craftsmanship, they’re truly one of a kind! The soles are hand stitched on 25-30 layers of sustainable cotton fabrics which makes the soles flexible yet durable. They’re totally chemical adhesive free. Special attention to the insole pads provides great arch support, your feet will be feeling comfortable and relaxed.”
I just love octopi, and I *love* the sweet simplicity of this Handpainted tote from LeahJaneDesigns!!! So cute!
This adorable mini tote bag has a striking octopus design on one side. The other side is unpainted. The gorgeous bright blue colour of this cute little sea creature is stunning against the vivid hot pink background of the tote bag.
The fabric paints are all permanent and washable. However, I recommend you turn the bag inside out during the washing cycle (delicate cycle or hand wash only) and iron on the reverse side.
Children will love this cute and colourful bag, which is an ideal size for gift-giving, party/loot bag etc. The colours are so vivid and warm and just perfect to brighten up a gloomy day! The bag has been hand-painted with three layers of fabric paint to ensure the design will last, so children can use this little bag every day. It’s a perfect size as a small handbag for children or to store small toys and crayons in.
Cute as a button!