Category Archives: Clothing
Next up on our Welcome Back to Blogging Canadian Tour, is the cutest shop ever, run by the most fabulous proprietor. Let me introduce Weezi! First, she’s a joy to follow on FaceBook, engaging fans and friends alike…Likewise on Twitter. Coolest of all, Lisa (Weezi) has her own little shop in London Ontario…(204 Albert St. @ Richmond Unit #3 Upper, London, ON), if you’re lucky enough to live or visit London from time to time. For the rest of us, we’ll have to make do with Weezi’s Online, or her Etsy store, for all your Retro Inspired needs!
There are so many fabulous items available from Odette Makes that I’m not sure where to begin…I’m going to link you directly the Galleries and let you discover for yourself!
- Osmosis Clothing: Odette’s Osmosis Clothing line is 100% Post consumer Upcycled clothing for children. Fabric harvested from second hand stores, washed and cut up, then made ‘new’. Most fabrics 100% cotton with synthetic embellishments, buttons, ribbons, trims etc.
- Odette.ca: For a serious treat, make sure you swing by this website. It documents 25 years worth of Odette’s paintings and they. are. fabulous! So much colour and feeling…you have to check them out!
- Sweet Little Things: “Sweet Little Things” clothing for baby and toddler featuring unique embellishments on all new 100% cotton fabrics. Personally, I love the pop-bright colours! So pretty and fun!
Like I said, Odette offers many fun places to peruse her work…make sure you take a boo!
Well, I’d be a fool to think that this warm spell we’ve been having across Ontario is going to hold on much longer, but in the meantime, I find myself searching for warm weather wearables…and I’ve found some awesome ones at DesignsbyAmber!
- Grey Bird and Nest Wrap Top: This 100% cotton wrap is so soft and the sleeves are nice and long too, I love that. I silkscreened a bird on the back and a nest on the sleeve in black ink. You can wrap it in a few different ways as pictured, perfect for layering over a tank or tube top.
- Pink Owl Tee: This is a women’s gauze poofy-sleeve tee with a scoop neck; slightly tapered waist; rib neck and sleeves. Wash in cold water, dry on low heat.
- Dandylion in Da Wind Hoodie: This top is a brown eco-fabric with a hood and dandylion silkscreen on the back in black ink.
I’ve been having such a hard time picking which sweater I love best over at Sew Ninja. It isn’t easy to create clothing that is cozy and unique at the same time. Usually you have to sort of choose one over the other, but not here. Go take a look at the Sew Ninja etsy shop, and you’ll see for yourself!
- Teca Trench Hoodie: Teca is sleek and smooth. Made of 100% cotton heavyweight jogging fleece in black. Hood and sleeves are accented with vibrant turquoise textured spandex. Cuffs are pleated to add an elegant feel. Back center pleat. Screen printed with a damask skull in turquoise ink. Stainless steel snap front closure. Patch pockets are detailed with lime green spiral and turquoise leaf embroidery.
- Rinnegan Jacket: Rinnegan is in reference to the all seeing eye in ninja folklore. This jacket is Anime inspired. Made of cotton/poly lightweight jogging fleece in racy red. The back is my favorite part and I had a lot of fun making it! It is an abstract all seeing eye pattern cut out with an underlay of plaid suiting in charcoal grey and black houndstooth plaid with a hint of silver. Collar is made of the same fabric. Empire waist. Center pleat detail on back and cuffs. Silver pearl stainless steel snap front closure. OOAK. One of a kind!
- Althea Hoodie: This hoodie is flirty and chic. It was inspired by the days of knights in armor and ninjas. Made of Eco bamboo in taupe. Hood is lined with a striped white and taupe fabric. It features a crossover cowl. Screen printed with a raven image printed in chocolate brown ink. Bell sleeves are three quarter length with a puff insert that has an air of the medieval. Empire waist and bottom band are detailed with pleats to give a bubble feel. Tunic length is great for layering with tights or leggings.
You will find so many fabulous things over at the AnnyMay etsy shop that it was really hard to pick just three, but I think I managed to narrow down my choices! I have to admit though, I had to use a great deal of dicipline not to just take a screen shot of the whole store and go from there!
- Repurposed House Slippers: Made with recuperated jeans, with a velcro closure strap. The outside and the sole is from a old jeans, inner linning is 100% recycled plaid cotton. I sew five layer of sole materiel for durability and comfort (two layer is made with batting). They are confortable and unique!
- Fabulous Black Bamboo Top: This attractive shirt is so comfortable. It is made with a gorgeous black bamboo. Braids are made with a 100% cotton yarn.
- Brown Cirular Skirt with Striped Border: This skirt was made from an interlock bamboo fabric. This interlock is made from organically grown bamboo fiber, it is silky soft feel, and luxurious drape. This knit is finished and dyed in an closed environmentally friendly facility. No toxic substances are used in finishing, and no dyes, bleaches, of finishing residues are released into the environment. It’s easy to care and can be machine washed on gentle cycle. It can be machine or line dried on gentle/warm — the same as finer cotton interlocks.